Take your Yellow Cake Base Recipe and add two things before you batter your pans.
No, I am not kidding you! It is THAT easy (and delicious!). As not to confuse anyone clicking back and fourth, I will re-write the ingredients and instructions here for your convenience.
- 3 cups Cake Flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs (room temp)
- 1 cup milk (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. (Bowl 1)
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy in your blending bowl. (Bowl 2)
- Crack eggs into their own small bowl (Bowl 3)
- Beat butter and sugar mix at a medium speed, adding eggs one at a time. (pour them in there, they will plop out one at a time if you go slow) (Bowl 2)
- Add flavor extracts. Reblend (Bowl 2)
- Add spices (nutmeg and cinnamon). Reblend (Bowl 2)
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk, creaming until smooth after each addition. (Bowl 2)
- Pour into a SprayJoy’ed Pan of Choice (10-inch bundt pan or (3) 9 inch round pans, (2) 8 inc round pans or cupcake pans how many cupcakes you yield will depend upon the size and how full you fill your pans. I fill mine ½ full and yield 3 dozen cupcakes.
- Bake at 325 degrees and bake. 1 hour and 25 minutes (one hour for round cake pans). 15-18 min. for cupcakes. 1 HOUR for the jumbo cupcake pan I used for Poppy’s smash cake.
- Cool in pan 10+ minutes. Remove from pan and cool on rack.