Maple Frosting Recipe
Take your Buttercream Base (Vanilla) Recipe and add three things before you add your milk.
3) Pure Maple Syrup
No, I am not kidding you! It is THAT easy (and SUPER delicious!). As not to confuse anyone clicking back and fourth, I will re-write the ingredients and instructions here for your convenience.
- 1 cup real salted butter (2 sticks), softened to room temp
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 pounds of confectioners sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon clear vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tablespoon of butter flavoring
- ½ tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3-6 tablespoons of milk or cream, or as much needed to get the consistency you want.
- First, add the butter and shortening to the mixing bowl and cream together. Scrape down the sides and reblend.
- Add the vanilla and butter flavors and mix again.
- Slowly add in the confectioners sugar, a little at a time until completely incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and reblend often.
- Add spices (cinnamon and nutmeg) and reblend.
- Add pure maple syrup and reblend.
- Start adding your milk or cream one tablespoons at a time till you have reached your desired thickness.