- 1 Tablespoon Lemonade (or vodka…most of my cakes are kid cakes so I feel a little weird about using vodka and lemonade works great)
- Gel Food Coloring (color(s) to meet your specific designing needs.
- Put lemonade in a shallow dish or palate
- Start adding your first gel color, remember you can always add more, so use a toothpick and dip it into the color and stir the lemonade with this.
- Add the color or combination of colors until you achieve your desired color.
To paint the griddle marks on the pictures above I used:
brown as my base color, and added golden yellow, copper and a VERY SMALL amount of burgundy to make the colors you see on my son’s cake top and sides.